CLAIRE WORKs In...
- Long & Short Form Narrative Film
- Commercial & Sport Video
- Licensed Un-maned Aircraft Pilot (Drone/UA)
- Outdoor Lifestyle Photography
- Nature, Landscape, & Fine Art Photography
- Advertisements & Product Photography and Graphics
- Sporting Event Photography
- Wedding Photography
- Traditional Fine Art
Claire Bruce was born and raised in Clarkston and Novi Michigan where her love of the arts and film were fostered at home and throughout school. In the fall of 2011, Claire moved to Chicago to attend Columbia College where she developed and refined her techniques as a cinematographer. While attending Columbia, Claire shot numerous short films as well as working for fellow students and freelancing as an Operator and Assistant Camera. As a sophomore, a film Claire shot was a Nominee for the 41st Annual Student Academy Awards, and won the Regional Award. In May of 2015, Claire graduated from Columbia with a Bachelor of Arts in Film and Video Cinematography. Upon graduating she was chosen by Columbia as the 2016 Nominee from the school to the American Society of Cinematographers Vilmos Zsigmond Student Heritage Award.
Since Graduating, Claire has shot several short films, commercials, and has traveled the country with the United States Women's National Soccer Team shooting the team's video content following their World Cup championship and whilst on the Road to Rio. Claire and fellow Columbia Cinematography Alumnus Colin Prall, founded their Photography company, "Ground Glass Images" in the spring of 2016 where Claire shoots a variety of Photo projects ranging from Advertisements to Sporting Events and more. In the summer of 2016, Claire was granted the opportunity to join the International Collective of Female Cinematographers (ICFC) and Cinematographers XX | NuWave a female cinematography collective for emerging and established cinematographers.
“DO WHAT YOU LOVE AND DO IT WITH PASSION, RAGE, AND HAPPINESS.”
Claire's visuals are driven by the spirit of the world around her. She strongly believes in the idea that through exploration, travel, and pushing the limits of the mind and body that she is able to gain a more cultured viewpoint of the world around her. Allowing for an increased depth and character to the stories that she tells. She believes that the images on screen must be true to the narrative and the best way to accomplish that, is by simply living; becoming the observer, A viewer in the bigger picture in order to better understand the snapshots.
- Has traveled to nearly every U.S. State and to , Canada, England, France, Switzerland, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Ireland, Australia, and Papua New Guinea
- Training for IRONMAN Lake Placid in 2018
- Dreaming of Bike Packing across Iceland, New Zealand, and Norway
- Some favorite outdoor activities include, running, hiking, cycling, skiing, paddling, and swimming
- Loves to be outdoors getting inspired by nature
- Lover of all things trail running and hopes to one day complete an ultra marathon
- Completed her first road marathon (2014 Chicago) spontaneously with no training..best worst decision ever
- Working on climbing all of the 46 Adirondack high peaks